I have the privelage of becoming a newly inducted tackle football mom. Since August 3, Rolando has practiced 4 days per week for 2 hours plus...in the heat and a little less heat. This has been building since last year when Rolando and Big Ro and Papa and Elijah informed me that yes, Little Ro needed to play tackle football this year. I truly was not prepared for this, but as I heard of the sign ups coming around...I once again inquired with the men in my life...and then all informed Mama that this is the year that Rolando should begin his career.
Yes, this is mommy talking, but God has gifted Rolando with incredible athletic ability. I told the coach from day one that he has never played tackle, but he is very talented, very teachable, very fast and will do well. And thus far, Rolando has not let anyone on his team down.
I might insert here that as much as Rolando has become a tackle football player over the last few weeks, Mom and Yadi have become very big fans of the game...with so many hours spent at the field, we have no choice. Yadi has been an ongoing champ each day as we head to the field. He makes me very proud as well.
While we are enjoying these moments at home, we try to keep daddy posted on the progression in daily practices from learning to hit...learning the wishbone and the holes...getting used to the equipment...etc. Daddy is soooo very excited to see his boy in action. What a wonderful time that will be in just a few weeks.
Rolando had his first scrimmage this evening against the Troy Titans. I am working on learning position names, but will do my best...Rolando started the game at kick off, plays a 3 back on offense and has filled in as safety and gunner (another name really exists, but I don't know it) on defense. Rolando carried the ball and had two key tackles during tonights game. I completely look forward to this season...yes, I am officially becoming that football mom who loves watching her son accel to the best of the abilities that God has given him.
Here's just a few pics from tonight's game....
No comments:
Post a Comment