Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Defining Moments in Life

The All-Star game was on this evening and so Little Ro was spending time with Papa, Yadi and I. At 7 years old, I was amazed about the knowledge he had of each player as they were announced. He was so excited to here the line up for the Yankees and the Cardinals, fully realizing that it would be the National League against the American League. As players were announced from either Boston or the Yankees cheers turned to BOOS across the stadium, and yes my son took notice. He could not believe that such people would do that to well respected ball players. He told me that he doesnt like Boston, but that is just wrong. Defining moments in his character to understand sportsmanship, or rather a lack of sportsmanship. Realizing it was the fans, it was still something that he took notice of.

In addition, my born and raised St. Louis native - told me "I really do want the American League to win mommy!" Well Daddy may not be sitting in the living room with us, but he has alredy left his mark as a life-long Yankees fan on our son.

My poor babies...NATIONAL LEAGUE ROCKS...Finally!! My precious son will probably not be happy with the results of the game when he wakes up.

1 comment:

  1. I am beyond thrilled too! We watched it last night at Steve's friends house and it was a great game actually! Finally the National Team WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete